Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us.–Ephesians 3:20—NIV
The wonderful thing about reminiscing is that I marvel at wonders I’ve seen God perform in the lives of others. Like the remarkable, talented teen invited to the first church my husband served as pastor in Hendersonville, TN. She dramatized James Weldon Johnson’s “God’s Trombones.” Today she is known by just one name—Oprah.
God has a dream for you. His plan for your life is the fulfillment of everything you are created to be. It is a dream that, as it unfolds, completes the image of how God sees you. Imagine this: God’s image embodies you becoming all that you’ve dreamed is possible in life… and much more.
Fulfilling the dream you were created to live demands something of you: your unwavering involvement and participation.
This loving letter to the church at Ephesus is spiritual encouragement written two thousand years ago. Are these words relevant for ordinary people like you and me? Yes, they are meaningful and timely for wherever you are right now.
Now…unto Him. Now. At this moment. Know this now. You must discover the “real you” immediately. You cannot wait for some magical moment far in a distant future. Dreams never work like that. Get busy now doing your part to become the “you” God had in mind when He created you.
I don’t presume to be able to tell you precisely what to do, but here’s a clue: do the work that presents itself to you at this moment, no matter how small or insignificant it appears. Do it “unto Him,” with every ounce of excellence you can muster. I promise—the greatness within you will grow.
Who is able…It is God Who is able! Never doubt that He will accomplish the incredible for you and through you.
Immeasurably more than we ask or imagine. You could never imagine the dream God has for you.
According to his power that is at work within us. God’s potential for making your grandest dreams come true is only limited by your willingness to expect, believe.
If you want the ultimate dream for your life to come true, here are five necessary steps.
1) Ask—even if what you ask for is, at first, limited and feeble. Still, ask. This is your essential step one. Go to God with your claim check in your hand. Ask with urgency. Press your claim for the inheritance He designed for you.
2) Imagine—picture your most extravagant dream. Tap into the right sources for your inspiration; mine them daily for nuggets of wisdom.
3) Get ready, get ready, get ready!—Be ready for the sudden, unexpected shifts your path will take; sometimes they are seismic shifts. Be able to bounce from life’s inevitable lows to the unexpected highs of God’s “immeasurably more.”
4) Don’t limit Him—God’s power is unlimited. Your lack of faith and expectancy create the limits.
5) Focus—double check the focus of your dream. Design a dream that lifts others; it cannot be all about you. Selfish dreams always disappoint.